AHSS Action Learning Programme 2018/19
18/10/2018 - 1/10/2019
1:03PM - 11:59PM
Expressions of Interest are invited from research staff across the faculty who wish to take part in the AHSS Action Learning Programme.
This innovative staff training and development programme brings together small groups of researchers who, over the course of a number of workshops, will develop, draft and review research grant applications.
We anticipate running three courses this academic year with up to 5 participants per course; participants will be required to commit to attend each of the planned workshops and to draft a research grant application as part of the programme.
The schedule for the programme is as follows
- Kick-off meeting - Participant introductions and discussion of research plans, agreement of commitment and principles, review and discussion of sample proposal
- Workshop 1 - 1st Participant proposal review and discussion
- Workshop 2 - 2nd Participant proposal review and discussion
- Workshop 3 - 3rd Participant proposal review and discussion
- Workshop 4 - 4th Participant proposal review and discussion
- Workshop 5 - 5th Participant proposal review and discussion
- Wrap-up Session - Review of learning, progress update from participants, discussion of future plans
The aim of this programme is to facilitate and motivate the development and submission of high-quality research grant applications to external funders, in addition we seek to create peer support networks for staff that they can draw upon in future to enhance networking and collaboration across the university. The workshops are operated in a relaxed and informal environment, that is open, honest and supportive.
It is expected that applications will be targeted at prestigious funders, including AHRC, ESRC, The Leverhulme Trust or The Wellcome Trust
Anyone interested in taking part in this initiative is invited to complete an Expression of Interest form - this will allow us to match up groups of people with broadly similar experiences.
Participation in this programme is open to any member of Queen's staff interested in pursuing a research grant application in the Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences - including staff working outside of the AHSS Faculty