Skip to main content

How to Apply

Application Procedure for Non-European Students
Application Procedure for European Students

Non-European Students

An application form for the Study Abroad programme can be downloaded below. The application form can be completed electronically using Microsoft Word (if you are unable to type on the form, please click on the security warning and enable the content). 

The general entry requirement is a Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0. Applicants should normally have completed at least one year of university study at the time of application.

Download the Study Abroad Application Form for study in 2015-16

Download the Study Abroad Application Form for study in 2016-17

The application form should be completed electronically, printed and returned to:

Exchange and Study Abroad team
Careers, Employability and Skills
Queen's University Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK

Tel: +44-28-9097 5255

There is no application fee for the Study Abroad programme. The normal closing dates for return of completed application forms are 31 May for students wishing to attend in Semester 1 or the full academic year, and 31 October for admission in Semester 2. Late applications may be considered.

You must also submit an official transcript of courses taken and grades obtained at your home institution and an academic reference. These may be returned with the application form, or can be sent under separate cover.

If English is not your first language, you must also enclose with the application documentation to prove proficiency in English (for example, transcripts of examinations taken to date).

For information on courses available at Queen's University Belfast, please refer to the Choose a Course section.

European Students

EU nationals may apply to attend Queen's for one or two semesters under the Erasmus programme. Queen's admits Erasmus students from universities with which it has a bilateral exchange agreement.  See the Erasmus programme section of this website for further information.

If your home institution does not have an Erasmus agreement with Queen's and you wish to attend for one or two semesters, you may apply to attend as a Credit-Earning Non-Graduating (CENG) student. For further guidance on submitting an application as a CENG student, please contact the Admissions Office.