Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


You may find the following information of help during your academic study with Queen’s University.  However, if there is anything else you are unsure about, please do not hestitate to contact staff within the Institute of Theology or your College for advice or guidance.

please click on the questions for further information

Can use be made of other College’s Library Facilities ?
What about Computer Access ? 
What if I need to Temporarily Suspend my Studies ?
What if I need to permanently withdraw ?
How do I internally transfer to another degree pathway within Queen’s ?
What about Graduation ?  
How do I get an official transcript?



 Amendments to your academic/personal details

Students formally enrol before the beginning of each academic year using the on-line registration facility via QSIS.  Students must select their modules/courses to be taken in that year and make amendments to their personal details. 

Any changes to module/course choices must be reported to your College AND the Theology Office no later than two weeks from the beginning of a semester.    If you do not inform the Theology Office your file on the QUB database will be incorrect and you may find yourself enrolled for the wrong modules during the examination sessions.  No changes can be made to your academic details two weeks after the beginning of each academic semester.

Changes to your personal details can be made yourself by accessing Queen’s Online using the password and username given to you at the beginning of term.  It is a student's responsibility to ensure that data held on QOL and QSIS regarding their personal and academic details is correct.




The use of other College’s Library Facilities

Students should consult with the ‘other’ College Librarian in the first instance about the use of books, journals or pamphlets, which are unavailable in their own College.  Students should remember to carry their University Student Card with them at all times for identification purposes. 


Computer Access

While Colleges provide some computing facilities, students are encouraged to use the extensive computing facilities available on the University campus.  
Temporary Suspension of Studies

Students may, for a variety of reasons, decide to temporarily suspend from their studies with the University, with the intention of returning at a later date.  Students must contact the Institute of Theology to request permission to temporarily suspend their studies from QUB.



Permanent Withdrawal from Studies

In some circumstances, a student may not wish to continue with their studies.  Students must contact the Institute of Theology to request permission to permanently withdraw from the University and their studies in Theology.



Internal Transfer to another Degree pathway within Queen’s

If you feel that Theology is not for you and you would like to transfer to another course/pathway within the University, you should first make an initial enquiry with the other School to seek advice about their conditions of acceptance.  Most schools require good academic progress in the first year of study before permission to transfer is allowed.   If the other School are willing to accept you, you should refer to the Internal Transfer Form (available from the following link) and follow the instructions given therein. 



The graduation week for the University usually begins and ends in the first week of July.   However, before a student can register their intention to graduate on the Queens Online system, their overall degree classification must be approved by the Theology Board of Examiners, which is then reported to the Examinations Office.   After this, students will be able to inform the University of their decision regarding graduation, ie whether they will be attending the ceremony, or graduating in absentia, by logging onto Queen's On-Line, using the password and username given to them at enrolment.


How do I obtain an Official Transcript

Official transcripts will be available from the Student Records Office.